Wednesday, May 11, 2011

MPR's "Classic of the Week"

Go to this address:

http://www.opendrive.com/files/26711817_SJOil/Interview%20of%20Dr.%20Palonsky.m4a

to listen to my creative project. I created a mock radio program that discussed classic literary works. My program is called “Classic of the Week,” and it is broadcasted on the fictional MPR (Mizzou’s Public Radio). The classic about which I discuss is Virginia Woolf’s Mrs. Dalloway. I summarize the basic plot and setting and then address questions regarding the work. Primarily, I address: how modernism shapes the novel; how Woolf’s life influenced the work; Peter and Clarissa’s compatibility; and if Clarissa was a likeable character. The answers to these questions are not personal opinions—I answer them with experts from the literary field. Dr. Timothy Materer and Dr. Palonsky are featured. And, Dan Philyaw and Teddy Nykiel, students currently taking Modern Era, “called in” to voice their opinions. Check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment